Thursday, October 15, 2009

Closets Without Doors

Did you get it? No? That is alright, I didn't either when I thought of it at first!

In my attempts to learn more about hanging fabric or curtains as closet doors, I found these examples:




This one uses a tension rod (super quick and easy) to hang regular pre-made curtains. I would like to do that, but there is an ugly piece of trim at the top of the closet that hides the top tracks of the old closet doors, both of which must stay in place. This means that I should probably hang the fabric/curtains on a regular curtain rod outside of the closet so as to hide those two things.



Image by Georgia Peachez.

Those are actually shower curtains! Who knew? Anyways, I wanted to use this picture as an example of the length of the curtains or fabric. Should I make sure that the material reaches the floor but doesn't drag, or should they be up off of the floor by a couple of inches?




This pictures raises another question, should I make tie-backs for whatever material I choose? Just find a pretty hook for each side of the closet and leave it at that? Hm...




I love, love, love the idea of three panels now that I have seen this picture! The closet I am planning for is wide enough to pull it off I think, what do you think of this idea? The ties mean that I can easily close it up to hide any unsightly messes!


If you have have a fabric or curtain covered closet door opening, I encourage you to share pictures and blog posts (if one exists, of course)! Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Share those too! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer! I like the idea of using curtains, if it works for the room. Here's a post I did that has curtains on a closet if you want to check it out. Have a great day!